Monday, May 05, 2008

My South Austin Truck

Everyone with more than 10 acres needs a truck. So, when we got back from the Rio Grande Valley this year I announced to Peggy that I was looking for a truck and she said, "Sounds good to me."

Now, after 26 years together, I know what is going on in her head before she even knows and here is what was rolling around in there immediately after the words, "Sounds good to me .... Hmmm, I wonder what color we should get? Leather seats would be nice, we should consider that. Definitely want a large back seat. Really pretty wheels are nice too."

So here is the truck I found on Craig's List:



I showed her the ad and she laughed and said, "You're kidding, right?" Nooooo. "Do you want me to ride in it with you?" I hoped you would. "This is an April Fools joke, isn't it?" Nooooo.

Anyway, after some convincing, we went and looked at it and she liked it as much as I do. I bought it for $800 and it had brand new tires and $100 worth of gas in it. I runs great and the a/c is cold. Best of all, it has some character and is not one like everyone else drives.

No comments: