Monday, December 18, 2006

New RV

Lloyd has written of our sailing trip so well that I didn't really feel the need to add to it. For a city girl like me it was quite an adventure and one I will never forget. I will say I did much better than I thought I would. My sailing experiences had been limited to Lake Travis on days that the weather was perfect so I really did not know what to expect, although Lloyd did his best to explain what the experience would be like. I would do it again though, but not right now.... for now we are happy to be home and getting back to normal.


About 2 weeks before we left on the sailing “mission” (as Lloyd puts it) I found a heck of a deal on a 32 foot, 1999 Prowler 5th wheel with 3 slides. Being short on time, we had to really hustle to complete the purchase of the new-to-us trailer and sell the smaller one. Selling the old one was easy! We took pictures and posted it on Craig's List (that is where I found the new one). We sold it in 2 days to the second person who looked at it and got nearly what we paid for it 4 years ago. So we were happy! A friend helped us move the 5th wheel from it's location north of Georgetown because our truck wouldn't pull a trailer this large. We finished getting it set up in Pecan Grove RV Park 5 days before we left on our trip so we barely had our things moved back in before we left.


This one is in really good condition. It looks like it had been used only occasionally. We had to replace the refrigerator and the carpet to put it in tiptop condition. Oh and we did have to evict some wasps and dirt dobbers. The wasps were pissed off let me tell you!!!!

I am thrilled about all the extra space we now have. We have two huge slides in the living area, and one in the bedroom which gives us lots of room! We have tons of storage, so everthing has it's place. The kitchen has hardwood flooring that matches the cabinets.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to decorate it. Guess when our grandaughter, Noel, gets here she can help since interior design is her major. AND grandma can use all the help she can get.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is a beauty, sure looks new to me. Not too sure about the guy outside the window Mooning you though. Maybe he was just bending over in the middle of nowhere for some other reason.
Looks like you aren't going to have much to do to it from the pix.
Gary, Pete's old friend from Imperial Beach CA