Sunday, July 23, 2006

A word from Peggy

I guess I better get in on all the fun too. I must say, when we pulled up in front of the office at Pecan Grove Tuesday afternoon, I never really thought the manager was going to say, "I have a space for you and was about to look up your file." I felt like I had won the lottery .....well maybe not quite that good but close! He wouldn't take a credit card, I didn't have the check book and he said, "Don't worry you can pay me tomorrow." Ha! No way was I going to leave there without paying him something....I didn't even have my rings on for him to hold....I did think about the title to the truck though. ; -) But, Lloyd and I had fortunately cashed a check the day before and payed him in cash. (I was so excited about getting a spot I forgot we had cash.) YEA! We were IN! This place is like an enchanted forrest with all the tall pecan trees. Pictures are coming soon.

Next day we got here in the late afternoon, just in time for the sun to reach 150 in the shade ....it felt that hot anyway. Got the trailer all hooked up, flipped the switch for the air conditioner and swoosh.....cool air! It felt goo0000ooood!!!!

Since we didn't have any food in the place we ate out. That was a fantastic chicken sandwich and I recommend it to you as well. The Austin Java Hut is tops as far as I am concerned!

The next morning we went to Whole Foods to buy groceries. Oh my what an experience! I had forgotten what an adventure that store can be......I also forgot they are expensive. Label something as "organic" and the price goes up, waaaaay up! No way am I going to pay $1.99 a pound for carrots!!!! I couldn't find Iceberg lettuce, or Post Rasin Bran, or my New Orleans Community Coffee with Chicory, the lunch meat was $7 for 5 slices of turkey breast, etc, etc. So I paid for what I felt was a good buy and found Lloyd outside drinking coffee. We left and went back to the trailor. I told Lloyd I just couldn't buy groceries there. Heck, it would be cheaper to eat out every meal than to buy the ingredients there and cook them. Walmart and HEB here I come!

As Lloyd mentioned, we went to the Country Western Dance Club's monthly dance Friday night. We sure had a great time. But, most surprising was the reaction to my new 'do. Hey, it's hot, we dance a lot, and that much activity causes my hair to lay flat on my head from sweat (yes Gary, girls do sweat). So I got some industrial strength hair goop and ran it through my very curly hair to make it lay quitely against my head, and then put it in a pony tail. Put on some dangely earrings, and we went dancing. We walk in the door and no one recognizes me (except Al Sadok), no one! In fact one of my lady friends told me later they were all wondering who the girl was Lloyd was dancing with, and where was Peggy? I will post a picture later and see if you think I look that much different. Guess they were all used to my big hair. Lloyd and I had matching pony tails. I seemed to have gotten a bigger reaction from everyone than Lloyd did when he shaved his head bald.

No comments: